Event Sponsored by:
- Date: August 10th, 2013
- 5K Starts: 7:30am
- Kids Fun Run Starts: 7am
- Location: East Nashville - 10th Ave and Woodland St, Nashville, TN
The East Nashville Tomato 5K and Kids Fun Run is back for another year, benefitting the Annual Giving Campaign at the Margaret Maddox Family YMCA. This year’s Tomato 5K will take place Saturday, August 10, 2013, at 7:30 a.m. , near East Nashville’s Historic Five points, on the corner of South 10th Street and Woodland Street. The Kids Fun Run will precede to the 5K and begin at 7:00 a.m. in the same location.
As always, the Tomato 5k coincides with the Tomato Arts Festival located in the same area which makes for a great all-day experience! East Nasty Running club is hosting the Potato to Tomato training.
Proceeds from all YMCA Race Series events benefit the YMCA of Middle Tennessee's Annual Giving Campaign. As a leading nonprofit committed to youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y uses Annual Giving Campaign contributions to nurture the potential of children and teens, improve community health and well-being and support of people in need right in your own neighborhood. By participating in this race, you're making an enduring, lasting impact in your community by giving everyone, regardless of age, income or background, the opportunities they need to learn, grow and thrive.
- Online registration closes on Thursday, August 8th at 11:59:59 pm CST
- Registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable
POTATO TO TOMATO 5K TRAINING
The “Potato to Tomato 5k” training, created and provided by East Nasty Running Club, is an eight-week program designed to prepare anyone to run the East Nashville Tomato 5k, benefiting the Margaret Maddox Family YMCA, on August 10. We especially want those of you who have never run before, or are coming off a long hiatus! The training program starts at 7:00am on June 15th at Shelby Park.
Click here for more details and to sign up for this free training.
- Every participant will receive a complimentary tech shirt
RACE DAY ITINERARY
- Pre-Packet Pick-up:
- Location: Margaret Maddox Family YMCA
- Friday, August 9th - 10am-6pm
- Race Day Packet Pick-up & Walk-up Registration:
- Location: 10th Ave S and Woodland Street in the parking lot of the Turnip Truck
- Saturday, August 10th - 6am-7am
- Kids Fun Run Starts: 7am
- 5K Run Starts: 7:30 am
KIDS FUN RUN
- Start Time: 7am
- Ages: 5-10
- Fee: $5
- Every participant will receive a shirt and dog tag necklace
- Overall awards will be based on clock (gun) time. Age group awards will be based on chip time.
- Overall: Top 3 male and female
- Age Group: Top 3 male and female in each age category
- 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60 and over
- Awards will follow after the last runner crosses the finish line. Approximately one hour after the start of the race.
- There will be a Kids Fun Zone from 7am-8am *Please note this is not childcare
Good run through a historic neighborhood with medium hills and well-paved roads. The heart of the run is the half-mile run with a slight elevation on Fatherland Street from 6th Ave to 11th. Smooth surface run also good for pets and strollers.